Manager People & Culture
- Act for Peace is a dynamic humanitarian aid and development agency
- Full time permanent position
- Location: Sydney CBD
Today, there are more refugees, asylum seekers and displaced people worldwide than at any time since World War II. That’s more than 65 million people forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and disaster.
It’s a terrible injustice. And one that we can, and must, overcome.
We believe that when people all over the world work together, big changes really are possible. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to act in partnership with other passionate people, like you, across the globe to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and disaster. We don’t think there’s any task more important.
Since 1949 our supporters have provided food, shelter, education, healthcare and training to help the world’s most vulnerable prepare for, cope with and recover from crisis.
Together we’re tackling the root causes of injustice, and are building a brighter future for everyone. We hope that you’ll join us in this vital mission.
We are currently looking for a Manager People and Culture to join our dynamic and experienced team.
You’re looking for a challenging and inspiring role where you can use your knowledge and experience to influence and support the development of people, culture, human resource policies and recruitment practices. In this role you will develop and lead our strategy for supporting staff, including support for management and Executive. You will drive our agenda for developing our people through culture, performance, development, workforce planning and organisational change and effectiveness.
But above all, you want a position where you can support a dynamic team of people dedicated to increasing safety, justice and dignity for communities threatened by conflict and disaster around the globe.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with the established Leadership Team, the position will take responsibility for leading, managing and implementing the human resource and learning and development functions to ensure that Act for Peace:
- Attracts, retains and develops a highly engaged and committed workforce to achieve business objectives
- Is positioned as an employer of choice underpinned by a safe, contemporary, positive and high-performance people culture
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate
- Success in developing and implementing contemporary human resource (HR) and employee relations (ER) practices, processes and procedures to support the achievement of business objectives while actively promoting cultural change and supporting new ways of working and continuous improvement.
- An ability to partner with senior management to identify the implications of strategic and business plans on our people and to maximise opportunities, support change, manage risk and identify opportunities to build shared understanding and ownership of the organisation’s vision, values, strategies, plans and desired culture.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and influencing skills with achievements in consistently facilitating and negotiating positive outcomes with a diverse range of stakeholders with different (and sometimes competing) needs and priorities.
Full details including detailed selection criteria can be found in the Information Pack which you can download here.
Applications close: Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Please contact Deirdre Ashe on (02) 8259 0808 or [email protected], if you have any queries. Thank you for your interest in this position.
Act for Peace (AfP) is committed to the safety and best interest of all children and young people accessing AfP supported services, programs and workplace. The preferred candidate is advised that they will be required to sign a Child Safeguarding Policy and AfP reserve the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures prior to employment being confirmed.